Monday, June 16, 2008

Shero of the Week

I've decided to adopt-a-hero every week. This person could be a man or woman, child or elder, a real or fictional character; just someone who I feel can offer a strong message for the week.

So, what do I have in common with a red-haired, Austrian nun? More than you might think!


This week's shero is Maria from "The Sound of Music". For so many more reasons than I can list, here is what I'm learning from Maria this week:

"Oh, I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't I just know I'll turn back
I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack"

1. Leaving everything you know is worth the risk, if you are ready to accept your potential for success
2. Most great personal achivements come with moments of doubt, nervousness. You need doubts to overcome!
3. Nuns have fun, too!
4. What evades a person is not the result, but the courage to pursue it. It's not a question of finding that courage, it's a matter of dusting it off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10/Ten,

Yes.

Dani Spies said...

Great idea... thanks for the inspiration!!