Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Soundtrack of my Life

A few weeks ago, I wrote in the Gauntlet on "Musical Pharmacology", and lately have been so smitten with Beethoven Sonatas, that I felt it was time (at last) to take a cue from my old pal Nate Green, whose neat blog post entitled "From A to Z on my iPod" has inspired me to share some of the music that populates my playlist.

I used to have one earphone permanently implanted in my ear, but I have gone through the past few years of life savouring music as an endeavor in itself. But hey, I still like to fire up the old iPod for a soundtrack to bus rides to work, and training.

Without further ado:

A
Arcade Fire

B
Beethoven - All Piano Sonatas (Especially Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement and Pathetique Sonata 1st Movement, performed by Daniel Barenboim)

C
The Clash

D
Daft Punk
Death Cab for Cutie

E
Eliot Smith - Miss Misery

F
Frou Frou

G
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

H
Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings Soundtrack

I
Imogen Heap
India Arie

J
Jay-Z (The Black Album)
Jamiroquai

K
K-os

M
Many Chao

N
Notorious BIG

O
OutKast

P
The Postal Service

Q
Q-Tip (A Tribe Called Quest)

R
Rachmaninoff

S
Talvin Singh

T
A Tribe Called Quest

U
The Urge

V
Viktor Vaughn
Vivaldi

W
None!

Z
Zero7

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Vilvadi !!! Genius!

Cant even imagine a world without music.

Cyndi said...

I meant Vivaldi - oops

Anonymous said...

So, you're stuck with this domain name, eh?

Congratulations. I'd be hard pressed to think of a better one.

except, perhaps, for 10/Ten.

Or the timeless "Just Peanuts".

Anonymous said...

I dreamt of you yesterday. In absence you're more a part of my day than ever. Tell me you are swell?

S

Anonymous said...

donde esta

Anonymous said...

What's new in your world?