Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Stickin it" to the (Wo)man


I want to flag an amazing initiative that I have recently discovered, and one which I implore each and every one of you (male or female) to consider checking out, or even just cheering on:

OPERATION BEAUTIFUL
The objective of this operation is to start encouraging others to see their beauty (inside and out) through the use of anonymously posted stickies. Check out the link above to read the great notes that people have been leaving at gyms, work places, homes, grocery stores, coffee shops.. everywhere!

(Mine up above says "Look in the mirror and celebrate! You are beautiful!)

I cannot stress enough how strongly I believe in paying forward the knowledge and inspiration that comes our way. I have felt transformed in these past few months just by sharing in the ideas and encouragement shared by amazing women whose examples and suggestions have helped me (and probably many other women) to carve out a more bilateral feedback loop between my mind and body. I have never felt happier in my skin or more energized than I do now that I have finally learned to let good health come from the inside, out.

Wherever you are on this lovely summer day, I hope that the breeze of empowement flutters through your mind and reminds you that all of your needs and wishes are at heart's centre.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The deepest wounds are the ones that we inflict upon ourselves. Likewise, the most profound healing comes from within.

This is a great idea for females and males alike. There is something in woman that transcends being female, something in man that transcends being male.

Therefore let us all be and help each other to be more humane and, thereby, more human.

Cynd said...

Reminders are wonderful. We all know instinctlively what IS. But it somehow gets buried and forgotten and we need constant reminders. This is a useful way to bring attention to the truth.

As always, I enjoy your posts.

Jamie Leigh said...

Came from OB.
Sweet note!
You're gorgeous, too; don't forget!

Unknown said...

Hey Jaya - It's me jackson44 from t-nation! I just found ur blog today and I'm sooooo happy u r writing again. Looking forward to reading ur work!

Take care,
Jack

Jaya said...

Great comments! I hope that little engines for change (such as this) continue to find support..

Jack! SO glad you found me. Hope all is well :)