I have however managed to get in my LSR (long slooow run) on Thursday (41 minutes) at around 60%MHR. Pretty tough, but very envigourating.
I've been finding that my hamstrings, abs and butt are a little bit perma-sore but it's basically because I feel like I am re-learning how to stand, walk and run! Correcting your posture is pretty damn humbling people.
Antoine won his tennis match on Thursday night and I got to pet a puppy. Forget Paris, we want puppies!
Cathy and Pardeep's little guy, Shredder.
Friday I had a really amazing picnic with my Geolobabe, Dave. Yep, my sweetheart biked all the from Carleton to my office in Gatineau with a backpack full of goodies. Be still my palpitating heart! Maybe it's that his thesis is enhancing his nerdly qualities, or if it's hearing him speak in his Geologese dialect, or maybe it was the glow of my nalgene bottle on his face, but I feel just as excited waiting to see him now as I did on our first date.
Forgive my poor photography, but hypoglycemia is a bit of a creativity killer :/
If you find a man who carries a hand lens with him everywhere, don't ever, ever let him go!
So I'm off to the gym to finally get to Day 2 (upper body). No cardio today, since I played 3 hrs of hockey last night and am going to have my first attempt at the "beep test" tomorrow. More on that later.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a lovely picnic. We're on to 18teen in the market tonight for our anniversary dinner. I'm sure I'll have to spend hours at the gym to overcome everything I'm gonna eat! But who cares!
Janet, special occasions don't even register on the caloric radar. 18teen is a pretty neat place and I hope you have fabulous time. Not that it probably matters anymore, but just make sure to go powder your nose around the same time the bill arrives.
Post a Comment