Today I decided to take a different approach:
3x10: rolling around in bed (hmm, new substitute for foam rolling?)
8x1: hitting the snooze because I set my alarm for 4:53 on an off day (I felt some mild spinal decompression on the 6th rep from the rotation, so let's just call it mobility work)
Ok, in all seriousness, I had the most glorious morning off. From getting up an hour later than normal (though I do love the magic of the pre-sunrise hours) to consuming copious amounts of un-rushed iced Green tea and pineapple with mellow music sounds surrounding me, it was pretty blissful.
I should probably mention that my outstanding sense of direction played a leading role in helping to get me completely lost last night, on a one-hour-turned-2-hour walk. I have to tell you, getting lost in your own city is a lot more fun than you might think. Try walking out the door with just a water bottle and some musical device, if you fancy. It's a pretty liberating experience and a great way to test your self-assurance. Last night I found out that mine needs some work :/
Anyhooey, this was just about the best recipe for log-like (s)lumber imaginable. So I'm all caught up, feeling fantacular and ready to hit it pretty damn hard tonight at practice. PM looks like this: 1 hr skills practice and moderate tempo run.
This weekend will be lower body workout, sprint session and cross training.
There is a small personal victory in all of this: It feels great to finally value my rest as much as I do my efforts. Ok, maybe not quite THAT much :)
2 comments:
Hi sister ;)
just wanted to drop by and leave a quick hello. It's going to be seriously cool to follow your blog; you're such a wonderful writer and I always enjoy reading your words... and the inevitable "ohmygosh!! that's *exactly* how I feel!!" that goes with it :)
Have fun, and be good to yourself, you deserve it!!
Gill
I can't really get my head around dragging my butt out of bed that early to workout... I usually go in the evenings after dinner. I know it isn't the best time, but its then or never. I do notice on the weekends when I can work out in the morning, I have sooo much more energy!
Post a Comment