Soft tissue work, stretching/activation drills, magnificently approaching mobility.
Resistance:
1) Static lunge w/ knee cave 3x10 (90s)
2) RDL's 3x10 (90s) 130lbs
3) Pull-throughs 3x10 (90s) 50,50,40lbs
4) Single leg lowering 3x10 (60s)
General observations:
-My hamstrings are basically a varying degree of "sore" during my every waking moment. Although my glutes are definitely bearing loads more effectively, I'm hoping that this hamstring soreness is not cause for concern. Initially I chalked it up to moving my sprint work outdoors and a general increase in total training volume. Fortunately, my lower back is less sore/fatigued, so I haven't necessarily been too worried.
-Trunk rotation to the left is starting to hurt a little...
-My balance is really a problem. Single leg RDLs (even when I am intensely focused) can be tough since the knee caving is still an issue. I have decreased ROM with some success but wonder if I can be doing anything else/more to improve here? If it is just a matter of waiting it out for the general hip/knee situation to improve then I'll just keep working at it.
-In general, I am starting to feel much better. I literally feel more able to sit straight and be comfortable in my chair at work, even. There are mornings when the warm ups feel a bit long, but the progress is definitely making me want to give 101% at every aspect of training right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment