I have saught you in recipes everywhere
For your sass in smoothies
And improving my booty
Manski suspects we're having an affair.
I love spinach - and not just because it's iron-rich and faciliates the betterment of my blog's theme [iron/i run/iron (ferric)] - but mostly because I think that it is quite possibly the most versatile green out there. Honourable mention to matcha, mind you.
Last night, I whipped up a modified version of Lisa's Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I also need to mention that I find the texture of grated parmesan borders on arousing! It feels like pearl spider silk in my fingers, just gorgeous!
Here she be:
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
-4 large chicken breasts
-2lbs frozen chopped spinach, thawed
-1TB olive oil
-1 vidalia onion (chopped)
-3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
-1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
-2 egg whites
-salt and pepper
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Sautee garlic in olive oil until transluscent.
3. Just 2 minutes before onions look done, add garlic to onions and sautee briefly.
4. Squeeeeeeze all the excess water out of the spinach and toss it (along with egg whites, onion/garlic, parmesan cheese and salt/pepper in your food processor.
5. Spin your partner round and round
6. Lay down those chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking sheet and stuff them real good!
7. Spray tops of chicken with a little more olive oil and spinkle with a little more S&P.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just done.
9. Remove from oven and let them rest for 15 minutes, despite the fact that the afterlife is reputed to be quite restful.
Serve with whatever gets your ticker in a tickle and enjoy!
Upon consuming, task your dinner companion with spraying the wasp nest AKA domain of the stinging fiend that attacked me on Sunday.
Yes, this recipe is good enough that your dinner mate will gladly take on a whole colony of wasps for a chance at the leftovers. Better that he doesn't know that I would have given them to him either way. Little did I know that adventures such as these basically thrill him. Manski, only you could make an LED head lamp look this good.
Viva la Manski!
2 comments:
I <3 spinach and freshly grated Parmesan as well...
In fact, I take pictures of both on regular occasions. I think last time I took pictures of freshly grated Parmesan it took me about 30 shots to get it looking just how I wanted...I could bordering on obsessive!
Perfectionism? Never heard of it.
:)
Please notice that I have immediately acted upon your hallway blog comment card.
Post a Comment