Last week as I was mowing the lawn, I plucked big handfulls of beautiful little forget-me-nots. Taking some time to reconnect with the earth is always a perfect and peaceful way to pass a few minutes. I am moving my cardio (and GPP) outside to the greatest extent possible so that I can beat the breeze in a few months time and be ready for try outs at UofC. Wooooot!
Day 2 - Upper Body (Thursday, May 22)
Foam rolling, mobility work
1) Plain ol' push ups - 3x8-10
2) Low (seated) cable rows 4x6 @ 90, 75 and 75lbs
3) Close grip bench press 3x10*8*6 @ 50, 55, 60 (kinda wobbly at the end!)
4) Face Pulls 3x8-10 @ 60lbs
5) Y, T, W 2x12 @ 8lbs
Had to run, couldn't squeeze in the ab wheel!
Friday, May 23 - 2 hockey games, no lifting.
Day 3 - Lower Body (Saturday, May 25)
Foam Rolling, mobility work
1) RDLs 4x6@ 140lbs
2) Pull throughs 3x8-10 @ 50, 40, 40lbs
3) Bulgarian Split Squat 3x8-10 @ 8, 10, 10lbs
4) Ball leg curls 3x10
5) Front/side pillars 2x45s each
Stretching
Wow, this workout felt great. I actually spent almost 1h45 in the gym, but it was worth it. I feel a lot better, having increased my warm up sets and taking slightly longer than prescribed rest breaks. I'm finding the sweet spot at last!
Day 4 - Upper Body (Monday, May 26)
Foam rolling, mobility work
1) Lat pulldowns 4x6 @ 105lbs
2) DB Military Press 3x8-10 @ 20lbs
3) Face pulls 3x6 @ 70, 60, 60
4) OH Shrugs 3x8 @ 55lbs
5) Scaption w/shrug 2x12 @ 8lbs
6) Decline reverse crunch 3x12 (instead of 3x8)
+15 mins cardio and strrreeetching out my sore (but very happy)legs!
Everything is going great. I am working on a rough program that will take me from June to Sept (in terms of my conditioning) and ready to peak in Sept/Oct. I will probably have 2 days a week of interval training, 1 long/slow session and my hockey game on Friday nights. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment