In and out like quick jab, I have had a fantastic week of workouts. The change of pace, change of exercises and change of mind are really coming together. Although I may have had smaller, bigger, more and less muscular versions of this body, I am finding that the one I like best is now. And not because of the way it looks or performs, but just because it is mine and it now shows signs of wear from years of pounding the pavement and turf, from enduring all kinds of injury, from blood, sweat and smiles in the gym and for connecting me to the world and people around me.
Day 3 - Lower Body (Saturday, May 17)
Foam rolling, mobility stuff
1) Sumo deads 3x5 @ 125 and very comfortable
2) Pull-throughs 3x8-10 @ 40lbs for 10reps each
3) Bulgarian split squats 3x8-10 @ 10 lbs
4) Ball leg curl 3x10 and tougher than I though!
5) Front and side pillar 2x50s each
Lots and lots of stretching.
My legs are usually pretty exhausted by the third exercise on lower body days, but I come out feeling great. Hip flexors were pretty tight the day after this workout, but so were my glutes. Lower and mid back felt pretty relaxed, so things are looking better with each workout!
Day 4 - Upper Body (Sunday, May 18)
Foam rolling, mobility work
1) Resisted Push ups 3x8
2) Cable rows 4x6 @ 75lbs
3) Close grip bench press 3x10*8*6 @ 55, 55, 60
4) Face pulls 3x10@ 60lbs, 50 for last set
5) OH Shrugs 3x8 @ 50lbs
6) Scaptions with shrug 2x12 @ 8lbs
7) Decline reverse crunch 3x8
Stretching, breathing.
Wow, I warm up with my old max when doing face pulls. Pretty neat stuff.
Monday - 57mins of cardio. But not on pupose, I swear :) and took Tuesday off.
Day 1 - Lower Body (Wednesday, May 21)
Foam rolling, mobility work.
1) Box squats 3x10 @ 60lbs Wohoo! Moving up all the time!
2) RDLs 4x6 @115. Not feeling so good...
3) GHRs 17 total reps
4) DB Lunges 3x8@ 15lbs
5) Paloff Press 3X60s hold
15 mins of hellishly fast stairclimbing.
Stretching and breathing.
I usually feel pretty jellowy by lunge time. This morning, RDLs felt awful. I realize that 2 days between lower body (instead of 1) really gives me time to decompress and get limber. At 5:30am, my back is always a bit stiff, and playing around after this workout, I am aware that I need to throw in some more warm up sets. Jacking up my volume a bit is worth it if I can get into my working weight feeling less wierd.
I have a sister to cheer on at a 10k race tonight, so more workout logs to come. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. How could it be anything but..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment