My current training program/dietary reforms seem to be having very positive effects on my body composition. Although postural improvement and strength gains are rewarding (and immensely so), it is great to see things trimming down, speeding up, and looking more gravitationally defiant.
Day 1 - Lower Body (Tuesday, May 13)
Foam rolling, mobility drills.
1) Box squats - 3x8-10 @ 45lbs (bar)
I warmed up with quite a few reps at bodyweight and found that simulating good form with no weight really helped me build a mental landscape of how "ideal" squatting should feel.
2)RDL's - 4x6 @105lbs (light weight, but perfect form)
3)Glute-Ham raises - 18 total
4)DB Lunges - 3x8 @ 10lbs
5)Paloff Press - 3 x 60s holds
+20 mins stairclimbing followed by stretching/breathing exercises
The fatigue I accumulated in this workout was amazing. By the time I was at the lunges, I realized the extent of my deconditioned state. Needless to say, these are the hardest and best workouts I have had since my last pre-season. I'm alive..out loud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment