Because 2-on/1-off seems to be a great scheme for me, I took Thursday off, after a fantastic upper body workout on Wednesday. My return this morning should have been marked by a lower body workout, but I had to switch around the last 2 days of the program because there was neither a platform, nor power rack free to do some of my work. I did upper body this morning and will hit the lower half hard tomorrow! ARRRRR! I managed to get a good few hours of walking yesterday. I am very committed to smelling the lilacs whever possible.
Day 2 - Upper Body (Wednesday, May 14)
Foam rolling, mobility work
1) Resisted push-ups 3x8-10 @5lbs (tougher than I thought!)
2) Seated rows (in place of Low Cable Rows) 4x6 @75lbs
3) Close grip bench 3x10*8*6 @ 45, 50 and 55lbs respectively
4) Facepulls 3x8-10 @60lbs
5) Y,T,W 2x12 @8lbs (a promotion!)
6) Ab wheel 3x10 and deceitfully difficult
+25 minutes running (for my mental health)and static stretching..and another round of foam rolling.
Thursday (off)
Day 4 - Upper Body (Friday, May 16)
Foam rolling, mobility work
1) Heavy lat pulldowns 4x6 @ 105lbs and 90lbs for last 2 sets
2) DB military press 3x8-10 @20lbs *need to remember to keep my glutes tight!
3) Face pulls 3x6 @70lbs (holy the batman in me!)
4) OH shrugs - 3x8 @45lbs
5) Scaptions w/shrugs - 2x12 @8lbs
6) Decline reverse crunches 3x12
+17mins stairclimbing, stretching and breathing exercises.
I feel fantastic. Although I am a bit bound in the desk/chair position these days, I am so refreshed from the increased walking and foam rolling pre and post workout. I'm also really pleased that I can do cardio and feel like I'm locomoting (so to speak) without having to do the entire lower body warm up. To alert-glutes infinity and beyond!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
10/Ten,
Wery nice routine.
I'm still playing around with a variant of full body training - although I've substituted db deads for rows. It's hard, fast and broo-tal (at least for me).
I recall going to the jim last week at 6:13 PM and walking back into my condo at 6:59 PM.
Questionable in terms of efficacy (although so far, so good) but outrageously efficient.
Btw 10/Ten,
If you've tried rest-pause (a redundant name, to be sure, but nevertheless,) I wouldn't mind your thoughts on it for both strength and hypertrophy (if you got the latter, I imagine it would have been by accident as I presume that you don't actively seek out hypertrophy).
Tanks mang
Post a Comment