Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shoes untied

Universe?
If there is anyone out there, I apologize for the neglect of this special (well, special to me) space. Life has given me some amazing challenges and gifts in these past few months, but I intend to start using this space more often and for new purposes; a little less personal banter and a little more intellectual nose-picking.

As we speak, I am developing some of the ideas and beliefs closest to my heart and my personal truths, and as it just so happens, I think that some are worth exploring, expanding - nay - exploding into cyberspace.

It's not pure altruism, but I certainly hope that what's coming up offers more opportunities for discussion than just my silly monologues!

In the meantime, here is what I have been working on:

Sometimes colours say what words can't.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

10/Ten - a very long but nice sock. What do you propose to do about the other foots?

Jaya said...

Oh dear. It's not a sock. It's a scarf!

Anonymous said...

Oh.

Well, take heart then. It appears long enough to wrap both your foots too.

Problem solved.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you, the Rock City Crew,

To the extent that you have not already read it, I recommend "Seneca on the Shortness of Life - Life is Long if You Know how to Use it".

It is similar to the Art of War, insofar as it is a short book that is pregnant with meaning.

Also, The Art of Peace - 3 lectures by the Dalai Lama on DVD. I do not agree with all of what he says but, the thing to note in this DVD is not so much what he says but how he says it.

Delivery counts and a humble, warm, gentle, loving delivery makes all the difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Peace-Holiness-Dalai-Lama/dp/B00199PPQA

Anonymous said...

That's my beatiful scarf, and I hope to be wearing it soon! Jaya, I missed your writing, but I appreciate your other labours of love.