Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ready, set, glow.

Exhale.

Here we go, just 2 more days and it's hammer time. I made it safely over to Calgary and have had the most amazing unloading week. From fantastic workouts to spectacular scenery and a soulful reunion with Manski, I feel refreshed, energized and rested.

All the work is done, now it is time to recognize and accept that I am ready. I've never felt more calm or excited about tryouts and despite some minor setbacks earlier this year, I know I came through stronger than I ever thought possible.

I have amazing people in my life, and the support I have received can only result in success. A few quick shout outs:

Thanks to my family and Manski for challenging me at times, but giving me the space and support I need to fulfill these crazy dreams at times.

Thanks to Mike Robertson for helping me to take my body from mangled to mobile and always being available for advice and support. Most of what applies to physical movement applies to mental movement too.

Thanks to Teen and Robin, who are my constant companions in every bend and curve of the journey.

Thanks to my Carleton teammates for helping me to finally actualize this CIS dream.

Thanks to my professors who have pushed me beyond my perceived scope of thinking, to make me a more open-minded and inspired student.

Thanks to all those at the gym (especially C+P) who showed the joyful, diligent spirit that embodies well-being, and for making it an amazing environment.

Thanks to friends, old and new, who have shown me that no achievement is ever complete without good people and balance in your life.

Thanks to time for ticking forward and to gravity for its gentle push, providing a constant reminder that my best is ahead of me.

Now it's time to rest hard and have some fun. Easier said than done, but I think we're starting to get the hang of it!

I'll share the news as soon as I can, but just making it here is has been a trip... In so many more ways than one.

No comments: