I'm such a cheater. I realize that these are two consecutive posts of photo-heavy and verbeage-light content, but I have something in the wings. In the meantime, here is a photo recap of my amazing trip to the Okanagan (Kelowna, BC) with my best friends this weekend. It was our yearly reunion trip and we assembled from our respective nests (Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver) to share and celebrate togetherness amongst the vineyards and orchards of this spectacular place. My heart feels beyond full, as this trip came on the heels of a surprise visit from my big sister and my little baby nephew, not to mention the return of my middle sister from a year-long fellowship in India. Although we are still 2 time zones apart, I feel a great surplus of closeness already. The more time I spend appreciating my loved ones, the more I realize how crazy it is that I "othered" myself out of self-love for so long. You know what is the best thing about taking care of yourself? You have endless energy to give, thereafter. During this weekend of firsts (first time wearing a two-piece bathing suit, first trip to a winery, first swim in a lake, first holiday of truly eating with pleasure in my heart), I am thinking that if I could take a small piece of this feeling and inject it into my everyday life, that I could do and be everything I ever dreamt. But that's enough narcissism for one day, so let's get to the photos, shall we?
Port aging gracefully at Grey Monk Estate Winery
Vibrant flowers at Kelowna's fantastic farmer's market
Stunning views from Grey Monk
Still mostly quiet on the road back home to Calgary, but stops along the breathtaking drive are imperative! This was taken around Roger's Pass (Mt. Revelstoke National Park, B.C)

Although my father's presence is no longer in the physical, I find comfort and reminders of him in each glimpse of his beloved trains.


2 comments:
What a beautiful recap...you and all of your friends (and hubby) are gorgeous. And more importantly, you all look so happy!
The two-piece intimidates me too. Congrats on wearing one for the first time.
The last photo is my favorite. What you wrote about your dad will stay with me all day. Very touching.
Thanks Ameena. I honestly can't believe sometimes how great I have it. I don't see these friends often, but it's epic when I do! I really believe that the power to don the two-piece is totally above the nose. In fact, I'd say that it's pretty much exclusively about having the right mind for it. I didn't for a long time, but I felt really liberated when I finally did - I don't know what I was so afraid of (apart from my own judgment).
I love that last photo too. I really miss my Dad, especially when I see trains.
Post a Comment