This space has served its purposes beautifully and I want to thank you for giving generously of your illuminating and supportive selves. I am honoured to have such great friends and readers, and I will be channeling your brains and hearts when the going gets tough.
This blog is a symbol of change, a metaphor for growth and a vessel for creativity that I cherish. Reading back to my first entries, I can hardly believe how my life has changed from the inside, out. A tree falls in the forest. Does it make a sound? A girl writes blog posts. Do they make a difference? That's exactly where I'm heading with my research and I promise to keep in touch with you all, using the various and surprising instruments that bind us and our dreams. It's not enough to figure out what you stand for. You have to stand up for it, too.
9 comments:
Oh man...you've left me wanting more now and in anticipation of what's going on!
I LOVE that last line. We can say what we want and need forever - but until we do anything about it; well, it means jack-all.
Story of my life.
Do stay in touch. I wish you the best in all your endeavours...(smarty pants) :)
I am sad that I won't read your wonderful posts for a little while but I'm glad that you are off pursuing something you love.
Blogging is a fantastic thing but this is a great reminder that the real world is out there and we need to remember that!
Good luck Jaya...can't wait to hear more about your project.
What timing!
I was just thinking the same thing about my blog.
As we've talked about so many times, the purpose of life is to engage in the ongoing expression and discover of self - in ways that bring joy and challenge, that renew by allowing for...newness.
Perhaps it is time, for the both of us, to find another vehicle.
I have
borne witness
to the
evolution
and
silent revolutions
that have
led you
from a darker place
to this
your glowing future
and bright, shining face
different things call you now
and chasing after them
is fine
for your time here,
I've but one thing to say:
the privilege and honour
have been mine.
and you still owe me a review, you bandar-logs!
Jaya,
I'm happy for you, because it seems that you are heading to something different that you want and about which you are so passionate. I'm a bit of a late reader to your blog, so I admit that I feel sad that I won't look here for updates, but who knows?!
Take care and enjoy all of the changes!
- Kristina
No, don't leave just when I started reading (and loving) your blogs! :) I kid. I am so excited for your journey! For me, grad school has been and continues to be my sanity (yea, that's what I say now that my paper and presentation are out of the way!). But really, there's something about grad school -- that sense that the question carries as much weight as the answer, that feeling that everything connects and is interdisciplinary...well, it just makes me feel like learning, growing and evolving are the most vital and beautiful things about being alive. If you ever want to vent about your inevitable research papers (and eventually your thesis?), holla'!
I read your posts, I'll wait till you come back.
I hope you are doing well ... I miss your posts!
You have a lot of insight Jaya.
Good luck and thanks for sharing! It truly is a journey!
Post a Comment