Here is an awesome summer dip that I made tonight. Although it does rival my black bean hummus, it certainly bears its own brand of fantastic. A lot of people love the lemon zest as garnish, I'm kind of neither here nor there with regard to the lemon. Wonderful served with homemade pita chips or whatever gets your suzie in a tickle.
Creamy White Bean Dip (adapted from Epicurious)
Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), drained
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove, peeled
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Method:
Puree first 5 ingredients in processor until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer dip to small bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Mix mint, dill, and lemon peel in small dish; sprinkle over dip.
I really do have a lot more to say, but allow me to just dream on it first and then somehow form it in to words tomorrow when the sting has subsided :/
Oh yeah, I got stung by a bee today! How horribly exciting and uncomfortable! I don't think that I'll be able to foam roll my lats tomorrow, since the bee stung me on my ride side but I'll do my darndest.
Sweet dreams kiddies!
No comments:
Post a Comment