Soft tissue work, Activation and Static Stetching, Mobility Work.
Resistance:
1) DB Step ups w/ Knee Cave 3x10 (90s) - 15lbs
2) Plate f.squat w. Knee Cave 3x10 (90s) - 10lbs (increase next week)
3) Single-leg RDL 3x10 (90s) - 10lbs
4) Front Pillar 2x55s
5) Side Pillar 2x45s
More stretching.
My back has been a bit of a disaster since the 3hrs of hockey Friday night. After this workout, I finally felt some relief as I felt the load shifting from my lower back and hamstrings to my glutes... phew.
Single leg RDLs are feeling pretty tough still. Balance is an issue and the naturally-occuring knee cave is just so pronounced. Although, another breakthrough today - I witnessed one rep in which my right knee descended almost perfecly in line with my hip. Imagine my criptacular delight! Oh, my aged 24 year old body might just have a few tricks left yet!
Today I also did the "Beep test" which is also known as a Multi-Stage Fitness test. I was looking for a stage 10 result, but I have to be satisfied with just a couple of beeps below. As much as I don't want to make excuses, a fierce headwind and uneven terrain made me feel a bit better about my result. It was wicked-hot and I loved the friendly challenge of the fiery sun on my skin. I scored a 9.7, but I know I have a 10 in my right now. On turf, I am 101% sure that I can school stage 9. I am aiming for 0.5 stage improvement between now and my next go at the test. Best of all, I know that I have a fair bit of room to improve my conditioning, while still being pleased with the progress I've made so far. Although I really respect the guys and gals out there who train purely for aesthetics, I have to say that getting back to it in the name of sports just feels so much more right to me. Now, I just gotta keep my mojo under control and keep trusting in the plan...
Oh yeah, and from now on I will keep posting my training in this format and blogging everything else separately just to keep it simpler for myself and for Mike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment