Monday, August 27, 2007

InhaleInspiration, ExhaleExcellence.

Sometimes when I step outside of my comfort zone, amazing things happen. Often times it has meant working beyond my perceived limits, sometimes it has even been as simple as just shifting the paradigm a few millimetres one way or another, but tunlocking even the smallest parts of your mind can mean opening up entire worlds of opportunity.

I've been thinking to myself that if I can just acknowledge my fears and anxieties, forgive them and then move toward "my power", then it's just a matter of chosing the outcome of my try out and then making it happen. This has been the first year that I've taken a tapering week, really REALLY eaten for perfomance, so I've been really outside of my comfort zone, as someone who has always lived on the brink of constant overkill! I had some anxiety yesterday morning, but I know this will be worth it. 1 week of hockey and fitness? How can I even pretend not to be excited (and a bit nervous). This morning marks the first day of a 1 week training camp and try outs for the Carleton University team, so I may be a bit scarce this week...

This has been a gift; coming home, going back to school, making new friends and playing hockey. Looking back in my journal, now I can see that everything I had wished for is starting to come true.

Could it be, at last, that I am finally ready to be who I am?

I may not post this week just to avoid overthinking things (out loud) but know that I am beyond greatful for all of the amazing support, kindness and belief that you've sent my way. I feel pretty blessed this morning and I'm just going to go with that.

I'm somehow not finding the words I need, so I'm just going to post a few of my favourite pictures (at random) that never fail to make me feel warm.



1 comment:

Janet said...

Nice pictures! Good Luck with your try outs!