Monday, August 20, 2007

Kyphosis, Lordosis, Psychosis. But not in that order.

If you think too hard about anything, you might start to chase your own tail and wonder why the heck you're moving, but not travelling. This is kind of how I feel most of the time, but something I've become much better at lately is just "being."
I won't get in to my ridiculously overdeveloped views on the "being" vs. "doing" front, but I will tell you that my quality of life takes a giant step forward (ah, the perils of big feet and skinny ankles) when I focus a little less on doing and a little more on being.

That being said, I'm doing great.

Maybe I'll start asking people how they are being, instead of how they're doing. Come to think of it, I'd probably just be drawing on the wisdom of rastafarian sages bygone who substituted one verb for the other. Asking "how you be" also (implicitly) suggests the fallacy of the notion "stupid is as stupid does" by bypassing the doing for the being, therefore somehow cleverly deconstructing and dissociating the act from the state of being. But probably not.

This was just some of what I was thinking during my morning walk today. It was a cool, fresh morning. It smelled of cucumbers and cardamom this morning and I felt that if I only have 100 sensory units divided between my 5 senses, I simply wanted to redistribute them all to my nose, so that I could take in more saturated doses of the incredible morning scent. Everyone I passed during my walk seemed in on the morning secret and as we shared our "good mornings" I couldn't help but notice glimmers of the sunrise in their eyes. Quite beautiful.

Then I came home and partied.

Check out my disco breakfast!
(Mini quiche, gazillion grain roti and raspberrypeachgrape salad)

Between the parting heavens and the party in my mouth (and apparently on the table, too) I can't help but feel like there is some kind of enchantment hovering over me sometimes...
Either that, or I was hosting the proxy party to celebrate Janet's birthday. Happy Birthday Janet!

Sprints tonight, practice and movie tomorrow night, practice and beep test Thursday night and then I will taper off from Fri-Sun so I can be fresh as a fiddlehead on Monday.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Thanks for helping me celebrate Jaya! That breakfast looks great! Sure beat Special K....