Thursday, August 16, 2007

When life hands you frozen bananas...

Make a smoothie that will part the gates of the heavens! Look, mine literally did.
The frozen banana is probably the key ingredient here, as it just creams and sweetens up the whole thing. The flavours of the fruit and yogurt are incredible together and the cottage cheese obviously kicks up the protein factor, too.

Banana Blueberry Word to your Mother Smoothie

Ingredients:
-1/2 frozen banana
-1/2 c fresh blueberries
-1/2 c cottage cheese
-1/2 c plain yogurt

Method:
Dump everything in to magic bullet/blender/food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.

That was yesterday and today I added in some fresh strawberries and a hint of orange zest. So simple, so seductively, subtly sweet. So good.

I wish I could say that it's doing something to relieve the headache I've had for 2 days now, but no such luck. I just haven't been able to run! Every time I get out to run or bend down, I feel as though my brain is knocking against the walls of my skull. I've had a morning off today and intend to train upper body and do bike sprints this evening. Hoping, praying, wishing my head is better by then!
Non-denominational prayers are now being accepted :)

No comments: