Baby got back. Pain.
Yes, my back is kind of sore from practice last night. Could have been the cold wind, the rain, the combination of the two.. or my shitty (oops, so much for my blog being a family establishment) warm up. After training I feel a bit better, but the key for me is to move around lots and practice good posture today. I'll also do an extra round of pre-bed stretching.
The wait is over, here she is:
Soft tissue work, activation drills/stretching, mobility work
Resistance:
1) Step ups w/ knee caves 3x10 (90s) - 20lbs
Mike, I need you to call in a favour with your powerlifting contacts in Ottawa and ask them to please request that the two wack dudes who run a 3hr monopoly on the only straight-line solid structures please PLEASE let me work in on their rests! I just could not find a suitable alternative, so I just did step ups w/out the knee cave and did my best to perform the motions in the healthiest way possible. The Smith machine just didn't quite work for me (in terms of tying the band)
2) Plate f.squat w/knee cave 3x10 (90s) - 10lbs
Mike (you're our winner today, can you tell) I can't lift the 25lb plate, and the 10 is starting to be a little too easy. Should I increase volume (sets or reps) since the jump is too big to increase weight?
3) Front pillar 2x60s (pretty damn hard today, I really had to force the abs in. Back wanted all the glory)
4) Side pillar 2x45s
37 minutes run. 25 minutes of run/sprint intervals, 10 minutes of jog/sprint intervals and 2 minutes of trying not to barf as I cool down.
Wow! The running side of my training has really sufffered because of my headaches this week, but I am really proud of getting through this morning and gaining the momentum I need to push in to this next week with renewed vigour. Dare I even say that my legs are feeling and looking better than ever! Go posterior-chain dominant running, go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment