Namaste everyone!
This is just a quick note to wish you all a happy new year and to let you know that I will resume blogging soon. I am taking some time to practice a bit of inner silence, as I sort through some of the ideas, impressions and adjustments to the North American way of life, following our month-long trip to India. I'd like to dedicate some time and consideration to the mandate, direction, content and intent of this blog.
Drop me a comment or an email to let me know about your holidays and if you have any non-resolutions to share. In the meantime, be well and I'll "be back" soon!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome back.
This is, perhaps, the most "Injun" I've encountered you. Are you busting out Bharatnatyam in your spare time now? More to the point, is the Titan?
From the pics, it looked as if India was fun for you (travel document frustrations notwithstanding).
I have taken 2 yoga classes (and no, you black faced Langoor, they were not of the Kripalu variety). The first was as part of a class of 3, prior to the close of 2009.
The second, was private instruction taken a few weeks ago.
I have heard positive things about my downward dog.
I've had just a lick of it but my feeling is that the practice of yoga has the potential to be a great vehicle for introspection.
In fact the reflections arising from my one private instruction session prompted the next day's FitTip (8):
"You run from them. You hide from them. Distraction, fear and insecurity help you ignore and bury them. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. You are a mind. You are a body. You are a spirit. You are a chain. Strengthen your weak links."
Yoga is great for balance, flexibility and general conditioning. But one does not need it to look inwardly.
One can take any circumstance, any situation as an opportunity to cultivate stillness and look inwardly.
Allow your mind and spirit to come into a space, a place, an interaction along with the rest of you. Extend an invite. Remove impediments.
Bring the parts of you together more often.
Experience wholeness.
And, in this way, know what it means to be truly, more fully, human.
Interesting post you got here. It would be great to read more concerning this theme. Thank you for posting that data.
ironandirun.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.
Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)
Post a Comment